New element

Started by dogwood, July 05, 2012, 11:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwood

Does anyone know where i can purchase:  TEMPCO CSF00131 SS Heater,120V,Length 12 In,900W

In Canada, everything seems to be in the US with crazy shipping.  There was Grainger Canada and they were less the help called and they said someone would get back to me and never did.

TedEbear

I found several quick sources when I did a Google search for it just now.  Does Amazon ship to Canada at a reasonable price? 

Any friends in the U.S. who could purchase it and ship it to you?

dogwood

zorro tools and grainger were all I found which also list part# on Amazon and neither ship to Canada.  I don't really know anyone on the US side who would order.  Thanks for your reply

mikecorn.1

One way around shipping rate to Canada is to have an item shipped to a friend or family across in the U.S or just move over here ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

GusRobin

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 05, 2012, 11:35:13 AM
One way around shipping rate to Canada is to have an item shipped to a friend or family across in the U.S or just move over here ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or just wait until NePas gets itchy feet with his new home - no telling where he may end up! ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

NorthShoreMN

where are you located ?  I live in Grand Marais, MN but travel to Thunder Bay frequently.
I would be happy to ship it to you, from TBAY
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

dogwood

Thank you for the kind offer, I am in Mississauga, ON.  I can PM you my email and paypal you the money just let me know.  I would even pay the shipping from where you live now.  Shipping cost wasn't the issue, it just seemed no one would ship.  I cannot see shipping being much more then 20 or so dollars which I will certainly pay

Darren 

NorthShoreMN

Happy to be of assistance.
PM me your shipping address and I will order the part.
Also  include your Phone # in case I have any questions.
Paul
[email protected]
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

dogwood

Done and many thanks for your time

Darren

dogwood

Quote from: NorthShoreMN on July 06, 2012, 07:11:36 AM
Happy to be of assistance.
PM me your shipping address and I will order the part.
Also  include your Phone # in case I have any questions.
Paul
[email protected]

Just want to say thanks again.  I received the element today.  You are a great asset to this forum, the extra money I paypaled you is so you can buy some beer on me for your next smoke.

;)

mikecorn.1

Sweeeeet! Very kind on both sides of the border  :) ;)
Mike

dogwood

Absolutely mikecorn.1, props to NorthShoreMN   :)

Mod is complete and went much easier then expected.  It took a little over a hour and that included running to the store for 2 bolts, 6 nuts, and 6 washers.  I kept the ceramic backing which allowed me to reuse and screw back in existing heat shield.  I also kept existing wire, there is slack in there and you can pull out a few more inches.  I drilled two holes through the back of smoker and put a bolt in on each side, washer and nut to mount element leaving about a 1/8" spacing from back wall.  Cut the wire and crimped on larger contacts to mount onto element.  Just to add with tin snips you will notice I knotched out a little piece on each side of heat shield so wire has breathing room...

helgi

Helgi,
I have been lurking on this site for a couple of months now, and would like to thank all the members on site for their willingness to give expertise and knowhow to newbies like me.
Now on to topic, I send an e-mail to Tempco in USA, and they send my request to :
Process Heaters,
58-750 Oakdale Road
Toronto, Ontario L4K 2V8
416-747-8250 Ext 23
1-877-747-8250 Toll free Canada.
I spoke to Mr Dave McBride, who was very helpfull in obtaining the required parts for the finned 900w heater and the igloo style terminal bases and caps.
They are the Tempco Distributor here in Canada.
Hoping that this will be of some help to my frustrated friends.

helgi.

dogwood

Thanks for update, I was told they could not export because it was not CSA certified 

JohnHar

Considering changing from 1 or 2 Bradley 500w elements to a single 900 watt. Is it worth considering a drip shield over the new element? I know the vee pan should collect most drips, but would hate have to have a grease fire on overnight cook while the  new  PID controller is running things. Seems to take forever for heat to come back after rotating trays or servicing the spent puck bowl...