Hello from Indiana

Started by flashm64, July 12, 2017, 12:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flashm64

8) Hello everyone, my family got me a smart smoker for Father's Day. It been a fun summer smoking chickens, ribs, baked beans (AWESOME), & Mac & cheese (AWESOME). Having a small issue, but I'll post in that forum.

cherrybergher

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're having a great time.  When I was first on the forum, a member helped me out on how to post pictures with the excerpt below:

To post pics on the forum, you can u/l them to Photobucket.  It's a free site.  If you're new to Photbucket, it is best to create separate folders for different themes such as Food, Hobbies, Sports, Vacation, etc.  You don't have to do this but it makes it MUCH easier to find the pics you're looking for years from now by keeping things organized.  Also, after you create your folder(s) be sure that you upload the pics to the correct one.  It's easy to get that messed up.  Ask me how I know. 

Anyhow, after you u/l your pic, click on it on Photobucket and look at the right sidebar.  Left click anywhere in the IMG box and the contents will automatically be copied onto your clipboard.  Then just paste those contents into a message on here.  You can click on the Preview button at the bottom right of your message to see that it worked before you post it.
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

TedEbear

That looks like my instructions on posting pics.  Since then, Photobucket has changed their policy and they block photos from being shown on third party websites (such as this one) unless you upgrade your free membership to $399/yr.  That will not be happening with me.

Some currently free alternatives are DropShots & Imgur.

cherrybergher

Quote from: TedEbear on July 12, 2017, 07:31:32 PM
That looks like my instructions on posting pics.  Since then, Photobucket has changed their policy and they block photos from being shown on third party websites (such as this one) unless you upgrade your free membership to $399/yr.  That will not be happening with me.

Yes, I just received an email about that moments ago, sorry for the misunderstanding, If memory serves correctly Ted, I believe those were your instructions
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Roget

Welcome from Southern Indiana.

Try a butt in that new smoker (or a brisket) & you will love it. ;) ;)

SmugMug is another site to try for posting pictures.
All three sites mentioned are much easier than PhotoBucket anyway!!!
YCDBSOYA

Johnny

When did this take place?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Johnny on July 13, 2017, 04:47:37 PM

When did this take place?

It's hard to tell when they started doing this. I've seems some people complain as early as June 12th. It didn't effect my pictures until late June. Some with Photobucket Plus Accounts seemed to have been grandfathered in until that expires. Then it is anyone's guess if they will be allowed to renew at the usually $30 fee.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Johnny

I haven't posted any photos in a while, actually haven't been using my smoker much in the last couple months.. since the hot weather started I've been so busy with everything else. When winter rolls around again im sure ill be back at it!
Shutterfly is supposed to be a good option if anyone is looking to use it to post photos on here.

Johnny

Johnny

Just posted that to see if photobucket still worked for me, no issues

Roget

In order to post pictures to a forum from PhotoBucket in the future, one must upgrade to the Plus 500 plan @ $39.99 per month.

All my pictures that I posted on all forums in the past are no longer visible.

If they want to start charging for the ability to post to a forum (in the future) they have a perfect right, but I am totally P^%*#d that they had the b*#^s to do this. >:( >:( >:(
YCDBSOYA

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Roget on July 14, 2017, 09:22:24 AM
In order to post pictures to a forum from PhotoBucket in the future, one must upgrade to the Plus 500 plan @ $39.99 per month.

All my pictures that I posted on all forums in the past are no longer visible.

If they want to start charging for the ability to post to a forum (in the future) they have a perfect right, but I am totally P^%*#d that they had the b*#^s to do this. >:( >:( >:(

It's kind of like Photobucket is now ransomware.  :-\

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Johnny

Photobucket is still working fine for me.. I never paid any fee