New from Edmonton

Started by Rmkjay, July 14, 2017, 06:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rmkjay

Hi just curious Why are some of the pictures like this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

Photobucket has changed it's policy on third party hosting; they will no longer allow free subscribers to paste links on forums, and/or other websites. It appears not everyone with a free subscription got hit at the same time. I've read some got hit as far back as June 12th, it didn't effect me until the end of June, and for others it is still working.

The fee now seems to be $39.99 per year;  at one point they were demanding $399.00 per year. If you want to stay with Photobucket you will need to upgrade to their Plus 500 Plan for $39.99, which they put into place on July 6th. Probably after the strong backlash they received when they tried to charge $399.00

Or you can switch to one of the other free hosting sites. Keep in mind, that would require you to replace the links on every website and forum you pasted a Photobucket link.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 15, 2017, 01:49:30 AMr
The fee now seems to be $39.99 per year;  at one point they were demanding $399.00 per year. If you want to stay with Photobucket you will need to upgrade to their Plus 500 Plan for $39.99, which they put into place on July 6th. Probably after the strong backlash they received when they tried to charge $399.00

It is still $399 per year if you want to be able to use third party hosting.  They have less expensive plans but all they do is eliminate the ads and allow a larger storage space than the free memberships.

Here are the pricing plans that I just now copied off Photobucket's website:

Plus 50 offers 50GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting ($59.99/yr)
Plus 100 offers 100GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and No 3rd Party Hosting ($99.99/yr)
Plus 500 offers 500GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking, Unlimited Bandwidth, and 3rd Party Hosting ($399.99/yr)

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Rmkjay

Oh ok thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk