No Past Photos Available!

Started by Kummok, July 17, 2017, 09:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

Kummok here...Posting this update notice to Fish threads as that is mostly where I post and have hundreds of posts with a now missing link to photo hosting site PhotoBucket.

What I always suspected was eventually going to happen has now finally happened...after years of hosting photos for 3rd party posting, PhotoBucket has decided that they can't continue to host for free, depending upon ad revenue. So, they have stopped free hosting and are now charging $400 USD annually for hosting that used to be free...This just means that ALL the photos I've posted here as Kummok are no longer showing and won't be in the future as I'm not buying their ridiculously expensive 'Plus 500' plan.They are showing NO less expensive plan for occasional light users like me and I suspect, thousands of others....

I, of course, am glad to share photos with those inquiring via Forum message or email but I'm not likely going to go back through 100s of posts and update photos to link to a different host site...It was fun while it lasted...  :o

Shasta bob

I agree, there is no way that im paying $400. we need a new photo service any ideas?
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

TedEbear

I signed up for Dropshots recently.  I also learned on here that Google has a free hosting service.  I already have a Google account, so I may choose them to move all my pics over to.  I've already downloaded everything I had off Photobucket.  Now I just need to go through it all and create new albums on whatever site I decide to go with. 

Photobucket may have gotten me to pay up to $50/yr for a membership that included third party hosting but there's no way I'm going to pay $400/yr for it.  I would have thought that the ridiculous amount of ads PB swamped us with the last few months would generate enough revenue for them but I guess they just want more.  Now I will not even be going on there and reading their ads.

Johnny

Johnny

Still looks as if I can use photobucket.. can someone explain why? I haven't paid a fee or even seen an add to ask me to pay a fee.

Roget

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they are cutting people off.
One day you are fine, the next you can't post pics.
About a week after I found I could no longer post pics I got an e-mail saying they noticed I was using their service to host to a third party, & needed to update my service plan.
YCDBSOYA

cathouse willy

For every picture you post and every time someone reads that post and links to your pb account it racks up the bandwidth meter. When you hit the limit you're through unless you pay the $400/year ransom.

Johnny

Makes complete sense, thanks guys!

Grouperman941

Photobucket finally caught up with me too. I got an email today saying pay up or lose the third party links.

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Kummok

I don't mind paying a fair fee for use but they need a minor fee for minor users. I pretty much only use PB for this forum and there are quite a few photos linked to PB..would be crazy to go with a different photo source and try to go back and correct all the link on here. Wishing I'd never used PB now....

Roget

These "free" sites get paid big bucks for advertising.
That used to be PhotoBucket's business model.
They have decided they could make more money by not using that business model & go to a model that requires the user (us) to pay for all the costs of doing business.
That's fine. I'm a business man myself & can decide how to run my business.

I just think it is bu#@s*^t that they delete all our pics we posted while using the former business model.
We put up with dealing with all the advertisments while we used the service. (while they were getting paid for advertising)
We kept our end of the bargain. They reneged.
They suck. >:( >:( >:(

I hope they go broke!!!
YCDBSOYA

Kummok

All of my photos are still there..in Photobucket..but the ability to link to them from 3rd party sites, like this forum, has been deleted...a lot of folks aren't happy with the ransom they all of a sudden demanded. I don't think that their PR folks are going to survive this one..we'll see!?!

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

Akmoose

That's an insanely high price!!! I'm done with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com

www.pbase.com/tull777