What's the deal with photos?

Started by lone369, August 06, 2017, 09:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lone369

I am not able to view the majority of photos posted in the forum.  All I see is a Photobucket icon/link.  What am I doing wrong?

TedEbear

Nothing.  PB decided to charge $400/yr for memberships to host third party images.  They did this right out of the blue with no warning about a month ago.  Many of us who have been using PB for years and putting up with their constant spam ads feel this is a ridiculous fee and refuse to pay it.  I have moved my online pics to a free host site.  Unfortunately, the links in my posts still point to PB.  Not much I can do about it.

Toker

New photobucket policy who try to make you subscribe

Envoyé de mon iPod touch en utilisant Tapatalk

Gafala

Quote from: TedEbear on August 06, 2017, 09:40:32 AM
Nothing.  PB decided to charge $400/yr for memberships to host third party images.  They did this right out of the blue with no warning about a month ago.  Many of us who have been using PB for years and putting up with their constant spam ads feel this is a ridiculous fee and refuse to pay it.  I have moved my online pics to a free host site.  Unfortunately, the links in my posts still point to PB.  Not much I can do about it.

You can go back through your postings and modify them to your new host, I know that is a pain but it works I did on some of mine.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

ExpatCanadian

I noticed this a week or 2 ago...  really frustrating since ALL my historical posts on this forum have their photos hosted on Photobucket. Even though I am not so active here anymore, I STILL get PM's on occasion relating to some posts. I'm planning to update a few of the larger ones... just need to find the time to do so.

In the meantime, I am hoping that if anyone does come across a post with pics that they really would like to see, maybe it's worth a PM to the OP with a request to update? I know there is no way I can update all of mine, but on request I'd be happy to do them individually. I like knowing that at least some of my posts are useful...  and I've relied heavily on the photos and experiences of others over the years. A shame for such a vast quantity of information to more or less have been rendered useless due to this.