Chat Room

Started by TedEbear, August 09, 2017, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

The live chat room on here is rarely used anymore.  I usually pop in there and sometimes find a message left by someone who needs help with their smoker.  No one replies because no one else is in the room at the time.  I run across one of these about once a month. 

I always send the person a message and explain this and tell them that they will receive an answer if they post their question in the forum.  I also offer my advice whenever I can.  I'm not sure if they ever come back and read their message or notice that one is waiting in their message box.

Anyway, is the chat room really helpful anymore?  It seems to confuse those who think they are chatting with a live Bradley customer service rep. when it was really only a place to hang out and chat live with other members and I haven't seen any of that in long time.

Here is a message left from yesterday:

(11:08:14) ChatBot: wnormore logs into the Chat.
(11:10:55) wnormore: The smoking plate on my Bradley Smoker is not working , fuses are fine , cleaned it up but still not heating up !! Any suggestions
(08:37:05) ChatBot: TedEbear logs into the Chat.
(08:37:07) ChatBot: wnormore has been logged out (Timeout).
(08:37:49) ChatBot: TedEbear logs out of the Chat.

Gafala

Quote from: TedEbear on August 09, 2017, 06:56:08 AM
The live chat room on here is rarely used anymore.  I usually pop in there and sometimes find a message left by someone who needs help with their smoker.  No one replies because no one else is in the room at the time.  I run across one of these about once a month. 

I always send the person a message and explain this and tell them that they will receive an answer if they post their question in the forum.  I also offer my advice whenever I can.  I'm not sure if they ever come back and read their message or notice that one is waiting in their message box.

Anyway, is the chat room really helpful anymore?  It seems to confuse those who think they are chatting with a live Bradley customer service rep. when it was really only a place to hang out and chat live with other members and I haven't seen any of that in long time.

Here is a message left from yesterday:

(11:08:14) ChatBot: wnormore logs into the Chat.
(11:10:55) wnormore: The smoking plate on my Bradley Smoker is not working , fuses are fine , cleaned it up but still not heating up !! Any suggestions
(08:37:05) ChatBot: TedEbear logs into the Chat.
(08:37:07) ChatBot: wnormore has been logged out (Timeout).
(08:37:49) ChatBot: TedEbear logs out of the Chat.

I have never seen any one in chat I think it should be removed.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

manfromplaid

just looked at it for the first time.

TedEbear

Here's another example from yesterday.  He was the only one in the chat room.

(18:49:18) ChatBot: danielstegenga logs into the Chat.
(18:52:38) danielstegenga: when I plug in my Bradley smoker all it does is a very fast beep,beep,beep any suggestions! the fuse seems to be ok the digital part got wet from rain may be dead! dan
(06:32:08) ChatBot: TedEbear logs into the Chat.
(06:32:10) ChatBot: danielstegenga has been logged out (Timeout).

TedEbear

(20:47:14) ChatBot: Shasta_bob logs into the Chat.
(20:47:32) Shasta_bob: Im here
(20:50:08) Shasta_bob: I thing the chat room is great place if you wish to ask questions I like the chat room .
(20:51:09) Shasta_bob: i'm login out
(20:51:15) ChatBot: Shasta_bob logs out of the Chat.
(06:32:06) ChatBot: TedEbear logs into the Chat.

Bob, the chat room would be nice for that but when you're the only one in the room it doesn't do much good.

TedEbear

Another solo chat unanswered question from earlier today:

(13:55:18) ChatBot: katjaf logs into the Chat.
(13:56:12) katjaf: How do you get rid of E1 error code BDTS76P, it is literally brand new out of the box.
(13:59:15) katjaf: I have spent 3 hours trying everything I have read. Nothing is working. its heating up cuz I burned my fingers.
(13:59:58) ChatBot: katjaf logs out of the Chat.

TedEbear

From last night:

(21:15:14) Shasta_bob: Any one here?
(21:18:00) Shasta_bob: Is there any site that people are using to post photos , im not paying 400 for the old photobucket. I will be smoking ribs this weekend and I will take photos but don't no how to post them to the site till latter.
(21:19:31) ChatBot: Shasta_bob logs out of the Chat.
(23:24:48) ChatBot: Shasta_bob logs into the Chat.
(23:24:55) ChatBot: Shasta_bob logs out of the Chat.

Bob, as has been previously mentioned, no one else sees what you say in the chat room when you are the only one in there.  People seem to think the room is for a live chat with Bradley CS and get frustrated when no one replies.  That's why I've been questioning whether the chat room really serves any useful purpose.

Anyway, here's a link to another discussion on the forum about alternatives to Photobucket.

Posting Pictures

TedEbear

Yesterday afternoon:

(15:29:47) ChatBot: remyrichard logs into the Chat.
(15:29:50) ChatBot: Bruce_Morrison has been logged out (Timeout).
(15:30:30) remyrichard: after 20 minutes, the pellets are only 2/3 burnt hence I have less smoke.
Would it be advisable to remove all the pellets AFTER usage and store them in a dry area? mine remained in the unit which is stored in a garage.
Thank you.
Remy
(15:54:12) ChatBot: remyrichard logs into the Chat.
(13:17:51) ChatBot: TedEbear logs into the Chat.
(13:17:56) ChatBot: remyrichard has been logged out (Timeout).
(13:17:56) ChatBot: remyrichard has been logged out (Timeout).

Ka Honu

"Back in the day" we used to agree that those who wanted to use it would meet in the Chat Room at a regular, mutually agreeable time (e.g., 8PM Wednesdays EST). Once the word got out we had some good interactions there.

Just sayin'...

TedEbear

From yesterday:

(21:49:25) Argee: I was making some jerky in my Bradley. I set the smoker timer and then the oven temp and time. It seemed to be working but when the smoker time stopped, the oven stopped heating. Any suggestions on a solution?
(21:49:53) ChatBot: Argee logs out of the Chat.

TedEbear

(13:03:01) MissHalifax: How can I find where to buy Bradley Bisquettes in Mexico?
(13:05:05) ChatBot: MissHalifax leaves the channel.

TedEbear

(22:52:44) ChatBot: Deniseh has been logged out (Timeout).
(22:58:50) Danny-boy: Just received a 4 shelf bradley smoker and it has the E 1 error,checked all connections seems to be fine. I havent tested for continuity but acts like it wants to when i wiggle the sensor cord? The feeder works fine just keeps clicking and saying E1 any help would be great thanks.
(09:45:51) ChatBot: TwistedSanity logs into the Chat.
(09:45:53) ChatBot: Danny-boy has been logged out (Timeout).

Ka Honu

So it sounds like you're saying that people don't know the difference between a chat room and a forum/bulletin board.

Maybe whoever is in charge of the chat room could post a notice that tells folks logging on something to the effect that "This is a chat room. If no one's logged in, they can't (and will never) see your message. If you're looking for assistance, post your request on the forum."

Just sayin'.

TedEbear

Yes, that is sort of the point of the thread.  it seems that new members drop by to get help with their smoker, see the chat room and think they will be chatting with a live Bradley CS rep.  Not only does it not work that way but usually no one else is in the room at the time.

Gafala

Quote from: TedEbear on October 10, 2017, 05:04:31 PM
Yes, that is sort of the point of the thread.  it seems that new members drop by to get help with their smoker, see the chat room and think they will be chatting with a live Bradley CS rep.  Not only does it not work that way but usually no one else is in the room at the time.

I have been on here for 5 years there or about, I have never been in the chat room and I see no real use for it. Some one needs to just remove that function that will salve the problem.

As all ways Just my thoughts.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.