Advance button

Started by BWeed, August 23, 2017, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWeed

Just got a new Bradley Smoker. For the life of me I can't figure out the advance button. When I push it, nothing happens. Am I missing something, or is mine just broken? I've pushed it once, held it down, and nothing works.

Thanks in advance.

Habanero Smoker

Hi BWeed;

Welcome to the forum.

Are all power indicator lights on, and have you turned the temperature dial so it is not longer in the Off position?

If so, unplug the generator, and remove the side panel. Check for any wire that may have come disconnected during shipping. Sometimes wires are not fully connected, so you may want to also check those connections also.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, give Bradley customer service a call.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

warbirdog

Do you have the long power cord plugged into the SG? And the short cord from the SG to the tower?When you push the rocker switch to "ON" do you get a red light in the rocker?  Do you get a red light when you turn the temp knob to about six  oclock?
  If you have done all that then remove all the pucks. Look down into the advance mechanism. Push the button, watching for the transfer plate to shuttle. There is a chance when it is loaded that the shuttle is out of adjustment and its moving but it is not pushing a puck forward.