BDS 4 rack no power

Started by Bambam, August 05, 2017, 12:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambam

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Live in Ontario Canada and have a Bradley digital 4 rack. I'm looking forward to reading some of these threads. Looks like a great place to find some good tips, tricks and recipes.

My reason for posting is I went to use my smoker today and it won't turn on. Checked my power cable and fuse, they work fine. Opened it up and checked all connections and they seem fine as well. I tested power and have 120 going in and 48 coming out the other side of power box on the bottom.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jeremy

Habanero Smoker

Hi BamBam;

Welcome to the forum.

Try unplugging, and plugging the power cords several times. Many times when the are new it takes a few times to get the cords seated correctly. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the digitals anymore, make sure you press the buttons dead center on the digital keypad.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bambam

Thanks for the reply Hab, I should have mentioned it's not new I've had it for 2 years now. I have used it quite a bit and never had any issues. I haven't used it for about a month or so. I took apart all the connections and put them back together. Plugged and unplugged cable quite a few times in this process. Thanks again

Habanero Smoker

It may be your circuit board and/or the on/off button not working properly.

Also I would replace the fuse at the back of the generator. On a couple of occasions, I have had those type of fuses burnout without any noticeable damage to the fuse.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Bambam

There are 2 fuses in the back of mine. Is one a spare or are they both used?.

Habanero Smoker

I can't answer that. I have the original, which only has one fuse on the back of the generator.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

pensrock

In just repaired an Original Smoker for a friend and the thermal fuse in the back was blown. I ordered one and soldered in in, it was back running. I should say I put a jumper across the thermal fuse just to prove it was the only culprit, I would have hated to get the new one and replace the bad one only to find out there was another problem. They did say when they finished smoking one day they forgot to unplug the unit and the slider for the heat was on high when I got it.

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"