Stuffers

Started by Johnny, September 19, 2017, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Hey Guys,
Would anyone recommend a particular stuffer? Last evening I did 40 lbs and my 11lb vertical is in its last legg.

RAF128

You can't go wrong with a LEM.  Had a 5 lb one and it worked great.  Sold it 'cause I wanted something bigger.   Bought an 11 lb from Cabelas and it doesn't work as well.

watchdog56

I have had a 5lb LEM for quite a few years now. I like it because of the metal gears. Works great.

Gafala

I have a old LEM 11lb two speed metal gears works great.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

cathouse willy

Princess Auto has an 11 lb, 2 speed, vertical stuffer with metal gears for a reasonable price. I have one and I don't think I'll ever wear it out.

Roget

I use the Walton's stuffer & it works very well.
All stainless steel & all metal gears.

Not knocking the LEM, (I have an LEM grinder) but after researching all the stuffers I could find, I chose the Walton's
It is priced right @ about half the cost of the LEM.

Link.
https://www.waltonsinc.com/

YCDBSOYA

Gafala

Some of the stuff for LEM is made by Walton's the same goes for Cabalas.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

mustangmoe

If you are doing 40 lbs at a time you will want to upgrade to a Kirby cannon

Johnny

Quote from: cathouse willy on September 19, 2017, 02:35:04 PM
Princess Auto has an 11 lb, 2 speed, vertical stuffer with metal gears for a reasonable price. I have one and I don't think I'll ever wear it out.
I've wore out 2 of those lol, gaskets seem to be a major issue and not being able to replace them..also they fall apart on me all the time.

Johnny

LEM has a 30 lb motorized stuffer that sells for $749. Leaning towards this one, for years I have been using cheaper stuffers and from what I researched this one should last for many years.. Thanks for your opinions guys!