Door off hinge

Started by Yancey, September 22, 2017, 01:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yancey

Prior to getting hit by Hurricane Irma I bought my Bradley inside.  The storm knocked down some trees, blew up some of my fencing, and damaged my roof.  However my smoker was safe inside.  Was.  I damaged it myself in trying to move it back to it outdoor alcove.  The door is off its hinge at the bottom.  There must be a way to rehang it but my storm addled brain is just not seeing it.  BTW, the heating element and the smoke generator work just fine.  Any ideas?

Her is a pic of the damage.  https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/yIzAtVZBSZuGZMqfgSdvcLaybACZY8w1YXN202smXQD

tskeeter

The first thing I'd try is simply lifting the door up and into place.  There may be enough play in the top pivot to allow you to lift the door and drop it back into place on the bottom pivot.

Failing the above, I'd lay the smoker in the back.  Then loosen or remove one of the hinges, whichever is easier to work on.  And slide the door back into place.  Then tighten the hinge back in place.

Unless a part got broken or lost, this should be a pretty simple fix.

Habanero Smoker

I've replaced the door on mine. Though they have changed the design slightly over the year, the following method should work. If it is only the bottom hinge and the top hinge is secure, you will need to open the door between 1/4 to 1/2 open. You may have to play with how wide the door needs to be open for this to work. It you don't open the door wide enough, or too wide - it will not lift enough. At that point you should be able to gently lift the door enough to realign the pin to the hole, and lower it in place.

If the top hinge is off, then it becomes a little tricky.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Yancey

Got it!  Just Had to get that door opening just right.  Thanks guys! 

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)