brass pins

Started by Handyman, October 12, 2017, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handyman

There are three brass pins on each side of the oven. The bottom two hold hold the drip tray.
What is the other one for?

tskeeter

The center pin acts as a guide help keep the back edge of the drip tray from getting too high and getting tangled in the bottom rack when the drip tray is being installed.

Habanero Smoker

If it is the pins I believe you are referring to. The third pin is to prevent the user from putting the drip tray in upside down. When there were only two pins, many users were installing the drip tray in upside down, which was a hazard because installing the tray incorrectly allowed grease to flow onto the heating element, which could lead to a fire. I lost count of how many users have posted pictures of their Bradley with the drip tray upside down, until Bradley installed that third pin.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Handyman

Thanks guys. Makes perfectly good sense to me but a little humorous as well.
What DA would consider doing so. But I realize there are many that would do so.

Thanks again.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Handyman on October 13, 2017, 05:17:01 PM
Thanks guys. Makes perfectly good sense to me but a little humorous as well.
What DA would consider doing so. But I realize there are many that would do so.

Thanks again.

Just taking into account the number of photos posted with the drip tray installed upside down amazes me. There is not way to know how many users were doing this but it had to be a lot in order to have Bradley install those additional pins. Though it was easy to install it upside down prior to Bradley adding those additional pins.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Handyman

I agree that many, many owners must have done so to warrant the extra cost of those two pins. LOL.