Another Newbie

Started by TTron, November 05, 2017, 02:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTron

Hey guys and Gals,
Just wandered past this forum and although I have a different Brand of electric smoker; this forum rocks!
I smoked a pork loin last weekend with Apple wood chips and it turned out pretty decent.
I'm going to smoke a pork tenderloin tomorrow wrapped in bacon...
Any tips on smoke times, temps since I'm using bacon i'm not sure how long of hot to go...
I'm sure further down in the forum this has been visited so I'll search around!
I'm an avid hunter and plan on smoking some venison snack sticks and other types of venison sausage also!
Am currently looking for a good recipe for the snack sticks.  I'm sure there are plenty here!

I do have one question, Instead of pictures I see a tile telling me to update my account to enable third party hosting...  What is this??

Habanero Smoker

Hi TTron;

Welcome to the forum.

Since you have a different smoker, the smoke times between the two different smokers will be different. For belly bacon I generally hot smoke, and will keep the smoker around 180°F, to avoid rendering too much fat. I bring the internal temperature up to 140°F. Some like to smoke/cook the bacon at 225°F.

I don't make sticks often but the below link has a recipe that many members have tried and like.

Gregg's Spicy Snack Sticks

The inability to access pictures is due to PhotoBucket's change in policy. PhotoBucket is a picture hosting site that used to be "free", but now charges a ridiculus amount in order for one's photo's to be shared.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: TTron on November 05, 2017, 02:21:45 PM
I do have one question, Instead of pictures I see a tile telling me to update my account to enable third party hosting...  What is this??

Welcome aboard.  You can fix the Photobucket problem for free at the link below.  I will not pay them $400/yr to host any pics I've posted.

recover your photobucket photos