Temperature Controller (Will this work with my BDS?) **Edit to include link**

Started by FuBar, November 11, 2017, 06:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuBar

Hi guys, I'm going to be adding a second 500W element soon and have a question regarding this temperature controller I found on Amazon. It's max load is 1100W so I'm safe there and it can handle 10 amps. I'm wondering if by adding the second element I will be under the 10 amps (Im not electrically literate;)

I know this product is from China so not looking to get into discussion on that. There are a couple reviews on Amazon where people have said they use this with the Bradley (and other electric smokers)with great results and I'm wondering if I can use it as a poor man's Auber.

Thank you!

Habanero Smoker

If the specs of the unit are listed correctly, this will control a dual element Bradley. For that price, as for durability, and accuracy I would be a little leery about the product. It doesn't seem to use an algorithm to calibrate when to turn on/off the unit to maintain an accurate cabinet temperature.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

watchdog56

I wonder how many different stages it has. With my Auber I can set 6 different  sets of  temp and length of time.

FuBar

Thanks for your input. I'm looking at a couple different options right now (building my own) or this other one:

http://www.ink-bird.com/products-PID-controller-ipb16.html

I'd love to go for the Auber but cash is tight right now and for me to buy it and get it sent to Asia I'm looking at about USD$220. In the long run it might be worth it to get a product that has been tried and and is trusted, but at the moment I can't really justify the added expense. Cheers for your info guys, much appreciated!