Hot Snack Sticks Loosing heat

Started by TwistedSanity, November 24, 2017, 08:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedSanity

Thanks for all of the information.

I have ordered some ground Habanero spice and should get in in a couple weeks.  I will post how this works out.

I think for this weekends run I am going to try and replace some of the water with Franks Red Hot Sauce.

Also get to test out my smoker now that I have the second element installed in it. :-)

TwistedSanity

Wants to post an update.

The Ground Habanero did the trick. adding .5 teaspoon per lb makes the sticks very hot, but not kill your taste hot. Thanks for the suggestion Gafala.

and btw
Quote from: TwistedSanity on November 29, 2017, 12:43:44 PM
I think for this weekends run I am going to try and replace some of the water with Franks Red Hot Sauce.
I replaced 3/4 of the water with Franks Red Hot Sauce. Do NOT do this.  Sticks would not bind,  were soaking wet the next day, fell off the stick into the bottom of the smoker.  I lost a 10lb run  :'(

Sausage Master

Been "out of pocket....sorry.  (Had two heart attacks.  I usually leave the sticks in the cooler 3-5 days, to get a good "shrivel" on them.  Then I vacuum package.
Charles (Chuck) Freeland
The Sausage Master
Phone: 405-397-1084 Fax: 888-547-7993
Email: [email protected]

Habanero Smoker

Hi Sausage Master,

Sorry to hear that. I hope there was not permanent damage, and that you made a full recovery.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)