Started by SmokinRicky, December 23, 2017, 08:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinRicky

Hello Everyone,

Hi, Done some smoking on a big chief and gas smoking vault. Always heard about the Bradley Smoker. I hunt and fish. Started doing my own Sausage a few years ago. Thought I would try a new smoker. I studied over and over, than broke down and bought the Bradley Smart Smoker.

I got it three days ago and done the seasoning two days ago. While setting it up for the seaoning the book told me to sset the smoking heat on meduium. I could not find any way to set the smoking temp to med. I done the seasoning with the oven off. Is there and if so, How do I set the smoking temp? The way it is I feel it got pretty hot on just smoke.

Howdy, all hope you can help me.

Thank You,

Habanero Smoker

Hi SmokinRicky;

With the oven off, the bisquette burner gets as hot as 550°F, at the surface. Depending on ambient conditions, your cabinet (oven) can reach temperatures of over 140°F. If you want to cold smoke there are a few things you can do - either one or a combination:

1) Make sure the vent is wide open.
2) Crack the door, to allow some heat to escape. Wedging something like a pencil in the door helps.
3) Place a pan of ice on the lower rack.
4) Offset the generator from the cabinet. Do a search on "cold smoking setup". With the digital Bradley's you will either have to get an extended sensor cord, or a bypass plug.
5) Use the smoker during the colder periods of the day, and if possible prevent any direct sunlight.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SmokinRicky

Hi, Habanero Smoker,

Thank you, I will look into the cold smoke. Would be interested in trying the cold smoked salmon, I have been reading about.
             Looking forward to trying some of the recipes I have seen on here and getting to know some of you smoking friends.

Going to make up some Venison sausage today and will be do doing my first smoke in the Bradley tomorrow.

Good meeting you and thank you for the info.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year.

Habanero Smoker

You're welcome.

If it is Spy Guys recipe, it is well worth it to make it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)