4 rack smoker.

Started by fuzzy, December 30, 2017, 07:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy

>:(  I have a Digital Smoker I bought at Canadian Tire in Canada. I live in Sooke B.C. which is about 25 kilometers from Victoria on Vancouver Island
I just used the smoker for the 2nd time since i bought it about 2 years ago. Just haven't had time to use.  Anyway, when I first tried it, it only wanted to heat up to 155 F.
This time it would not go over 65 F.  Can anyone help me. It seems to be all hooked up properly as hard to go wrong. had to finish what I started in my Big Chief. 18 lb spring salmon. Turned out great.  Be sure nice to use the bradly.
fuzzy         

FuBar

Quote from: fuzzy on December 30, 2017, 07:02:20 PM
>:(  I have a Digital Smoker I bought at Canadian Tire in Canada. I live in Sooke B.C. which is about 25 kilometers from Victoria on Vancouver Island
I just used the smoker for the 2nd time since i bought it about 2 years ago. Just haven't had time to use.  Anyway, when I first tried it, it only wanted to heat up to 155 F.
This time it would not go over 65 F.  Can anyone help me. It seems to be all hooked up properly as hard to go wrong. had to finish what I started in my Big Chief. 18 lb spring salmon. Turned out great.  Be sure nice to use the bradly.
fuzzy         
A couple years ago they had a bad batch of heating elements that were faulty. I got one of those and contacted Bradley and I think through the serial number or purchase date they were able to tell that my element was faulty and they sent me a replacement for free. Best to contact the head office in Richmond and they should be able to sort you out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hightek

Contact Bradley, awesome to deal with.

Habanero Smoker

Have you opened the door during operation to see if the element was glowing?

If you have a multimeter you can test the heating element to see if it is still good. Set the meter to test for Ohms, disconnect the wiring from one end of the element, the test the element. If you get a reading between 27 - 31 ohms; your element is good.

If the element is good, make sure the connections on both sides of the element are snug, and unattach and reattach your power cord a few times. Sometimes they do not securely connect.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Try plugging the tower directly into an outlet, bypassing the SG.  If it glows red after a few minutes the element is OK.  If it does not, there are several things besides the element that could be bad.  If the multimeter ohms check shows it is OK there is also an inline fuse as well as a high temperature sensor.  If either of those fail the element will not work.  Check with your multimeter. You can get replacement parts at Yard and Pool.