Morton''s tender quick in canada

Started by CoreyMac, January 27, 2018, 10:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreyMac

If anybody from Canada, Alberta specifically  is looking for tender quick, I found it in the local co-op
I'm not sure if there are co-op's all across Canada but they have it.

Been looking for along time.

Just an FYI
Corey :D

Edward176

Thank You CoreyMac. I too have been looking for it and haven't been able to locate any, I:ll give Co-op a shot.

CoreyMac

Quote from: Edward176 on January 27, 2018, 11:12:50 AM
Thank You CoreyMac. I too have been looking for it and haven't been able to locate any, I:ll give Co-op a shot.

I found out about the co-op right from mortons. My email says you guys have a place called canadian compound western there in Winnipeg. Says they have it.

Corey

Edward176

WOW, thank you CoreyMac. I do purchase most of my supplies from Western Compound here but never looked for Mortons Tender Quick there. Its a large wholesaler that deals mostly with businesses and not individuals like myself, but they do carry everything if you know what to ask for. Once again Thank You. 

Habanero Smoker

You can save money by making the Basic Cure mix. There is some question about how much sugar there is in Morton Tender quick, as compared to the Basic Cure mix. Though it has .5% sodium nitrite, and .5% sodium nitrate. The Basic Cure mix has 1% sodium nitrite.

Basic Dry Cure:
1 pound/450 grams pickling salt (this is purified table salt)
8 ounces/225 grams granulated sugar
2.4 ounces/68 grams pink salt (InstaCure #1; or DQ Powder; or Prague Powder #1; or Cure #1; or TCM)
Makes about 3 1/2 cups

So you can make any amount you like. Kept in an air tight container, it will last for a long time. The actual formula is:
2 parts salt + 1 part sugar x 20% = Amount of Cure #1 to add

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176