How old is your Bradley?

Started by SmokinMoe, January 14, 2018, 08:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMoe

since I have never heard of a cold smoker attachment, you peaked my interest.  Back in the mid-2000's, there was a lot of talk trying to make this happen, but it was not very successful and then, I quit reading the posts for about 10 years.  So, here we are, and you just mentioned the cold smoker attachment, and WOW, I have been missing out on cold smoking for no reason at all except that I have not kept up to date on the newest and latest!
Thanks for posting about it. Ordering mine tomorrow! 
What do you cold smoke, if you don't mind me asking?
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

manxman

Don't mind you asking at all  :)

Mainly cold smoke fish.... salmon, trout, whitefish, herring, mackerel etc and also cold smoked quite a lot of cheese and bacon over the years plus salt, butter, garlic, nuts, olives and a few other items with varying degrees of success!

Hope this helps

Manxman

SmokinMoe

what kind of smoke would you use for salt? and that sounds delicious- Olives! What smoke do you use for that?  Does it take long to smoke olives?
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

Gafala

Here is some info on the cold smoker attachment. Just check the internet where to buy.

Bradley® Smoker Cold-Smoke Adapter

Bradley smoker accessories will help you get that great smoky taste that's made Bradley smokers famous. The Cold-Smoke Adapter is ideal for perfectly flavoring cheeses, salmon and other such food that call for cold smoking. Easily attaches to your existing Bradley generator. Vent tube attaches to smoker box.
Dimensions: 11"L x 11"W x 17"H.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Gafala

As for salt I use hickory, and the same for garlic - nuts but you can use any of the flavors. I also make sweet onion salt the last batch was 25lbs of sea salt with Wala Wala sweet onions I have also used Maui sweet onions. 
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

manxman

I use oak or apple for most cold smoking, did the olives for a couple of hours with oak then stored in olive oil.

To be honest olives are something I prefer unsmoked, I have only smoked them a couple of times although other people did like them... quite a few commercial smokehouses in the UK and Europe do them which is where I got the idea.

Manxman

Roget

I use my cold smoke adapter mostly for cheese.
I do a big batch at least twice a year. It works great.
I also use it to smoke chex mix & potato chips. Again a couple times a year.
YCDBSOYA