Digital display buttons not working!

Started by Tedge, January 21, 2018, 09:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tedge

New to the forum. I have a 4 rack digital smoker. It really doesn't like the cold. I bring smoke
Generator inside day before I use it just so it will actually turn on
Buttons rarely, if ever work, most times I'm stuck cooking at the default temperature as I cannot adjust temp setting up or down
Sometimes if I press buttons really hard it will change.
Problem with circuit panel?
Been a problem since brand new, smoker is only 2 years old
Anyone else replaced circuit board? If so, where did you get it from
And how much did it cost.
Thanks!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Tedge;

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't seen this problem posted for some time. When the digital first came out, many had problems with the buttons. They were stiff, and difficult to push in; especially if you had large hands. The cold temperature just make matters worse. If your problem is the same keeping your finger perpendicular to the board while you push the buttons may help. Also make sure you are pushing the buttons dead center. If that doesn't help, you should contact Bradley, because it may be the board itself.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigBob604

Hello,
I am also having a problem with only the Up button not working. It clicks when I push it, but nothing changes. All other buttons work as expected.

Any help?

Thanks,
Bob

Habanero Smoker

Hi BigBob604;

Welcome to the forum.

If you are still under warranty, contact Bradley.

If the above suggestions don't work, take the cover off the generator, and make sure the ribbon cable is firmly seated. To make sure it is properly seated, disconnect the ribbon then reattach it

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)