Curing chamber

Started by Johnny, January 27, 2018, 03:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Hey everyone,
I might be able to get my hands on a fridge with a glass door from a local elementary school. I'd love to get into fermenting sausage. Would any of you have advice or experience in converting a fridge into a curing chamber?
Tips would be appreciated!
Johnny.

GusRobin

Johnny, if you do a search on "curing chamber" you will see a number of posts on various things people have done. If you browse through those I think you may come up with a way to go with your fridge.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

cathouse willy

Johnny, I can't add anything about fridge conversion but I use an Inkbird IHC230 to control the temps and humidity in my homebuilt chamber. It works very well for me keeping things very close to the points I set. It's quite reasonably priced too.

Johnny

Gafala, I don't see a photo. I'd like to see it though.

Johnny

Quote from: Gafala on January 28, 2018, 10:42:23 AM
Here is a photo of mine.

thanks for the reply, any chance you could post a pic of your chamber?

Johnny

Quote from: cathouse willy on January 27, 2018, 06:50:45 PM
Johnny, I can't add anything about fridge conversion but I use an Inkbird IHC230 to control the temps and humidity in my homebuilt chamber. It works very well for me keeping things very close to the points I set. It's quite reasonably priced too.
did you use a fridge as a chamber?

TedEbear

Quote from: Gafala on January 28, 2018, 05:42:24 PM
Photos are showing on my end I don't know why you can't see them.

Where are you trying to post them from?  You have to host them somewhere online, such as Google Photos, and post the link.  Remember, click on the Preview button to see if it worked prior to posting.

I don't see any pic, either.

cathouse willy

I can see Gafalas' picture of his pid setup. nicely wired.

Johnny I built a cabinet from plywood and cool it with bar fridges.

like this

Habanero Smoker

It most be the browser one is using, and what setting you have. I can't see either Gafala's or Johnny's photos.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Now the big question.  What happened to all of Gafala's posts?