Got my smoker today...and it was damaged!

Started by thepro8, August 23, 2006, 07:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepro8

I got my smoker today from Bradley and it got beat up like crazy! the bottom is all dented in. Because of the discounts I got it's going to be a pain to get replaced. Plus I want this thing for Labor day weekend. NOt sure what I'm going to do.

manxman

That must be a real disappointment, I remember how excited I was waiting for mine. IMHO , unless it was clearly identified as a (very) dented model when you bought it, it is not unreasonable to expect a model in perfect condition irrespective of discount received.

Getting one that looks like Mike Tyson has been trying to use it is not acceptable, was the corresponding packaging damaged as well or do you think it was sent out like that? From the picture it looks like the feet are not even level?

I would contact the vendor and failing getting satisfaction from them, direct to Bradley for advice. Insist on a new one be sent out immediately. They can worry about collecting the damaged one at a later date, who knows, you may even get to keep it for spares!

Bradley are very keen on customer satisfaction/service so you may get more joy from them depending on who sold it to you. From a previous post I am sure it was not Chez Bubba, he certainly would see you right immediately.

Hope you get it sorted quickly. :)
Manxman

thepro8

I got it from Sports Authority. They were happy to exchange it, but I have to call and talk to a manager today to see if they will give me the 30% off. I'll let you know what happens.

...Nice Mike Tyson reference!!!

Habanero Smoker

Glad things are working out.

It does look as if Tyson took a couple of bites out of it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

thepro8

I think Tyson thought it was Hollyfields ear.

projump

That's a drag about the condition of the Bradley. I hope you get it taken care of fast.
     Speaking of Tyson, I'v been watching several of his fights from 1986-87 on ESPN classics. What an awesome force he was. Most all his fights ended in the first round. Pow, it's over!!!
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.