Greetings from the Netherlands

Started by arnaudNL, March 14, 2018, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnaudNL

Hi There,

I fell in love with smoked meat while traveling to Austin TX the first time. At the time I never heard of brisket, pulled pork and jalapeno sausages.. On my first visit to Austin a colleague brought me to the Salt Lick and I got a three meat platters. This day genuinely changed my culinary life..

During my second visit to Austin, I ate BBQ every day almost and some tex-mex of course. I've been to many BBQ joints such as the Black's, Franklin, Cooper's and of course back to the Salt Lick. My last meal at the airport was... guess... ? Some brisket at the airport's Salt Lick, haha.

Then it's been a long quest on finding good restaurants in Amsterdam, found a few but they are not even close to what I could eat in Austin. On top of that the price are just very high vs quality and quantity. So that's it, visited a local butcher and asked if they can supply meat for pull pork and brisket and the answer been positive!

Ordered a digital Bradley smoker, some hickory and some apple pellets, I cannot wait to get the unit under control and be able to smoke for my friends and family!

That's all about my introduction!!

Best Regards,
Arnaud

TMB

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Gafala

Welcome to the forum. When my wife and I were in Amsterdam we did notice your problem in finding good restaurants in Amsterdam, and the price is high. Not to say the food was excellent while we were there. Even in the hospital witch I spent some time in.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Edward176

Welcome to the Forum arnaudNL and greetings from Canada. Can't beat a good smoker and smoked meats ;)

Habanero Smoker

Hi arnaudNL;

There is a BBQ competition society called Kansas City Barbecue Society. It is now international and they have held competitions in the Netherlands. They don't have any events scheduled so far, but you may want to send an email to the link below to inquire if there will be one scheduled, and if it is possible for you to judge.

For general contest inquiries send email to: [email protected]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)