Hot smoking with the cold smoke attachment fitted

Started by LincolnSmoker, March 25, 2018, 01:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LincolnSmoker

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.

I'm setting up my Bradly in a semi-permanent setup in an outdoor shelter with the cold smoker attachment . Cold smoking is what I'm going to do 99% of the time. And how I'm having to set my system up will make the attachment difficult to take on and off regularly. However, I do like to hot smoke on occasion...

I was wondering if there was any problem hot smoking while the cold smoke attachment is still hooked up? As far as I can understand there wouldn't be any problem. The smoker would still fill with smoke from the generator (via the cold smoke adaptor) and it would still get hot (curtesy of its own heating element).

Can anyone tell me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Best
Lincoln

cathouse willy

Welcome to the forum Lincoln. I have my orig bradley set up as you described and it works just fine.The shelter is a good plan as well and if things are still too cold you can wrap the smoker in an insulated jacket like the ones used for hot water heaters.

LincolnSmoker

Brilliant, thanks for the advice. Being able to "plumb it in" so to speak makes life much easier. Do you bother putting in the bypas plug when you cold smoke using this setup?

Habanero Smoker

You don't need the bypass plug if you have the original Bradley. If you have the digital model you must use the bypass plug.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)