Puck not advancing

Started by ghosttown, March 31, 2018, 03:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghosttown

I tried to click on the links that I found on this forum but none of them work. Two things are happening, first the pucks are not dropping I assume the belt is not moving back all the way. Second I think after 20mins the smoker doesn't trigger to advance. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear about your problem. More information would be helpful.

1- Have you tried to manually advance the pucks?

2- Do you hear the motor running, when it is trying to advance the pucks?
a- If the moto is running, make sure the guide rails are free of any debris that may be blocking the shuttle from fully advancing. If there is any blockage the shuttle will only travel halfway, then the motor will reverse.
b- A loose linkage arm could also cause problems, make sure the linkage from the motor to the arm is alright.
c- If you can't hear the motor running, check for loose wiring; or your motor could be dead.

3- The generator doesn't have a belt. The motor is driven by  plastic gears. These gears can strip, and if that is the case you will need to replace the motor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ghosttown

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 31, 2018, 01:45:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem. More information would be helpful.

1- Have you tried to manually advance the pucks?

2- Do you hear the motor running, when it is trying to advance the pucks?
a- If the moto is running, make sure the guide rails are free of any debris that may be blocking the shuttle from fully advancing. If there is any blockage the shuttle will only travel halfway, then the motor will reverse.
b- A loose linkage arm could also cause problems, make sure the linkage from the motor to the arm is alright.
c- If you can't hear the motor running, check for loose wiring; or your motor could be dead.

3- The generator doesn't have a belt. The motor is driven by  plastic gears. These gears can strip, and if that is the case you will need to replace the motor.

Motor runs, when I press the advanced button I do hear it and see it trying to drop the puck. It seems this time I removed the pucks and reinsert them and this time it worked. Wondering if there is dirt on the rails.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

It could have been a dirty rail, but since you mentioned that you remove and loaded the pucks again, I would guess the pucks where misaligned in the chute. I've had that problem when I was loading the pucks to quickly, and they were at a slight angle that prevented them from dropping.

Also, I clean my chute at least yearly. A dirty chute can also prevent the pucks from dropping properly. I've found that smoke residue and debris can build up in that tube. Although I keep my vent open far enough to prevent smoke backup into the generator, I noticed when I close the door, some smoke and residue is forced back into the generator.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)