Author Topic: temp probe??  (Read 1291 times)

Offline dasboat

Re: temp probe??
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 06:04:03 am »
Nice I looked at the blue one but just got black one. Where are you guys running the probe wires just through the generator?

Offline Habanero Smoker

• Member Extraordinaire
  • KCBS - Master Certified Barbecue Judge
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 12:52:31 pm »
Black is a good choice; since it was the only option when I purchased mine.  :) It works out well, since black doesn't show the stains that much.

For the Bradley, it is best to run the probes through the door opening. The lower rack towards the front is the best placement for the pit probe. ThemoWorks also sell an extension wire so you can extend the length of the probe wires if you find a need to do so.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Offline TedEbear

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 03:28:22 pm »
Nice I looked at the blue one but just got black one. Where are you guys running the probe wires just through the generator?

Although I haven't used the Smoke with my Bradley yet I previously ran the wires from my old Maverick through the door opening.  The soft rubber doesn't damage the wires and it still makes a good seal.

I also did the glass of ice water test earlier today, as described on the Thermoworks website.  Both probes measured within a few tenths of 32.0 degrees.  I'm happy with that.   :)

Offline dasboat

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 04:29:49 pm »
My smoke just showed up and my victorknox knife 12inch and the wife got me dicks knife so I'm almost ready
New toys https://imgur.com/gallery/5JXZhye
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:32:45 pm by dasboat »

Offline Gafala

• Gem faceter by choice, BBQ Smoker by heart.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 07:23:04 pm »
My smoke just showed up and my victorknox knife 12inch and the wife got me dicks knife so I'm almost ready
New toys https://imgur.com/gallery/5JXZhye

I use a 8" Japanese Damascus Steel Chef Knife love it.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24”
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Offline dasboat

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 08:02:03 am »
i just did the ice test and it dropped to 32.5 not sure if i should tweak it or just call it good enough for me

Offline TedEbear

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 01:14:00 pm »
i just did the ice test and it dropped to 32.5 not sure if i should tweak it or just call it good enough for me

I think for smoking food a 0.5 degree difference is well within the tolerance.  Did you follow the procedure on the Thermoworks website?

Creating a Properly Made Ice Bath

Offline dasboat

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:34 pm »

I think for smoking food a 0.5 degree difference is well within the tolerance.  Did you follow the procedure on the Thermoworks website?

Yes I checked out  ice made bath from site after someone posted they did that so thought I would check it out and try it to see how far out mine was before starting just to see where it was at

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2018, 08:50:31 am »

Yes I checked out  ice made bath from site after someone posted they did that so thought I would check it out and try it to see how far out mine was before starting just to see where it was at

You can also do a boiling H2O test. It will show the accuracy at high temperature. Make adjustments for altitude.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.