Hello From Gulf Coast FL!

Started by wade178, April 13, 2018, 08:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade178

Hey guys!  Been wanting a Bradley smoker for a long time but never had the spare change to buy one!  Found a lightly used classic Black one at a yard sale last week with a full 120 count box of Hickory pucks and picked it up for $20!  Boy was I excited!!!  I threw a small pork tenderloin in it a couple days ago and it was really good! 

Now on to the Boston Butt!  That is my plan for Sunday.  I am planning to make some Jan's Rub that I have read on here over and over.  Probably mustard it up first (or Carolina mustard) if anyone has any suggestions.  I think my one question I have is, does it matter WHERE in the smoker I put it? (Top vs. Bottom racks).

I will take all the help I can get!  Thanks!

Habanero Smoker

Hi wade178;

Welcome to the forum. There are many ways to smoke a butt. If you haven't already done so check the board for the many recipes that have been posted.

If you are only smoke/roasting one butt the best location is the second rack from the bottom. I don't use more than 4 hours of pecan. I don't use a mustard slather, mainly it's too messy for me, but I will coat the butt with an oil prior to applying the rub. I use to use olive oil, but now my preference is peanut oil, or a neutral flavor cooking oil.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

Congratulation wade178 and welcome to the forum.

SmokinMoe

Welcome to the forum. What a deal you got!!! Let us know how things are going and smoke away!
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

Wildcat

Love Jan's on birds. Prefer Oinker on pork. Prefer oil. I am also in Gulf Coast region. A little Northeast of Pensacola.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/