6 Rack Bottom Door Hinge

Started by onefish, April 16, 2018, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefish

Bought my BTDS108P just under two years ago. A small chunk of plastic by the bottom hinge corner broke off after a few month. We couldn't figure out why. Tried to glue piece back on. All good till the weekend when a big piece cracked along the bottom left side (below the door) Then the hinge plastic cracked about 2" from the corner. By the end of the day the piece broke right off and the door was ready to fall right off. Smoker stay in our garage in West Coast climate, bought a nice stainless steal table from ikea so it stays nice and level and we do not let the door swing open. Any change ups on doors or other people have this problem. TIA

Al
Nothing Like the Smell of Smoked Salmon

Habanero Smoker

I'm not all that familiar with the digital models. If the damage is as severe as I think it is, you should contact Bradley.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

watchdog56

If you go under the feedback and help tab I posted a fix for the broken door mod. I have a 6 rack digital. I see it has the third party hosting problem but not sure if you can get that to work or if it is something I would need to do?

onefish

OK. Thanks Watchdog. I'll have a look at that. Hab. I'm friends with one of the retired Bradleys. I bought my smoker threw him. Just want a little more info on problem before I start yelling at hi Ha Ha. Thanks again for all the info.. Cheers
Nothing Like the Smell of Smoked Salmon

Habanero Smoker

I hear you. :) I hope you get the door fixed and you are up and running soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

CoreyMac

Onefish, would you be good enough to bring back the info of what your fix ends up being? The door on my 4 rack digital is beginning to do what your has done, a little piece has broken off the bottom. Things are ok now but from what you say i might be on borrowed time. Your experience sure would go along way for a fix for mine.

Thanks
Corey

zueth

I have the same thing with my 4 rack, I always attributed it to a plastic door on a oven, but I have always been able to repair mine. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk