....making some jerky ...oh ..oh..

Started by just a smokin, April 22, 2018, 08:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a smokin

lol well who wants a good laugh for today... well i went to go and make some beef jerky , or at least make the marinade to soak  the meat in... lol.. well the recipe called for 4 tsp of honey... well i added 4 1/4 cups instead and didn't realize till it was already to late , meat was in and soaking .. ha ha

awe well lets see how this tastes ..

well I'll start smoking here in a couple of hours ... and then ill let everyone know how my...aahh... experiment ( lol) turned out ..s..

Edward176

LOL, never a mistake or a calculation error, always experimenting with new ingredients and amounts... I've never made a mistake in following the recipe, just deviated by a mile sometimes. No matter, its always been edible, sort of.

just a smokin

well i finished the jerky... hey didnt turn out to bad actually , the wife really likes the (Bourbon one )(jack Daniels), really surprised me . while the other one a beer type jerky , still though (thats the one where i added wwwaayyy to much honey , lol.

TMB

Quote from: just a smokin on April 22, 2018, 06:16:30 PM

well i finished the jerky... hey didnt turn out to bad actually , the wife really likes the (Bourbon one )(jack Daniels), really surprised me . while the other one a beer type jerky , still though (thats the one where i added wwwaayyy to much honey , lol.
Glad it worked out for you.  When I make jerky I always double ck myself incase I added to much of this or that especially cure salt !!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

tskeeter

For complicated recipes, it can be helpful to measure out all the ingredients into small bowls before blending anything together.  It makes it easier to see a mistake. 

For some of my seasoning blends, I weigh the ingredients.  When I blend everything together, I weigh the combined ingredients and compare that to the total weight I calculated I should have.  If it's way off, I have a chance to decide if I'm going to start over.  Less expensive to dump some seasoning than have a batch of bad sausage.

revid

Just a smokin, could you share that jack daniels recipe?