Pork loin for the lake

Started by manfromplaid, May 20, 2018, 08:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

8 lb loin butterflyed and stuffed then a bacon weave. 225 in the smoker with a mix of cherry and apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orion

Oh man, that looks like a gooder! If you get a chance to share details of the stuffing ingredients and finished product pics it would be most appreciated.

That is something I would like to duplicate for sure. Thanks for sharing.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

manfromplaid

its a simple stuffing  I used stove stop mix but added fresh asparagus from my garden. only used salt pepper garlic and onion as my spices.

manfromplaid

Quote from: manfromplaid on May 20, 2018, 08:30:47 AM
8 lb loin butterflyed and stuffed then a bacon weave. 225 in the smoker with a mix of cherry and apple.

3.25 hrs at 225.  IT of 149 foiled and packed ftc. Will add photo of sliced later

watchdog56

Orion

Probably needs 3 days to sleep that thing off. Certainly looks good and will be my next project.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

manfromplaid

watchdog56

Edward176

Yes, it really looks wonderful.

TedEbear

This inspires me to want to try it. I watched several Youtube videos on making a bacon weave.  Seems simple enough.  I printed 4 different stuffing recipes, including this one, and will let the wife choose which one to go with.

Stuffed Pork Loin

Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Loin

Herb-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

manfromplaid

the bacon weave is very simple and best to use thin slice bacon. I looked at lots of stuffing options and for this first try I went with a easy to use option. was going to make a stuffing but SHMBO handed me a couple boxes of stove top and that is what I used. to stuff my 8 lb loin took 4 cups without squeezing it tight together.  good luck with your efforts and let us all know how they turn out.

paulopadrao

Great job. I go trie this in Portugal.