New need help

Started by Gebs27, May 21, 2018, 09:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gebs27

Hello people!! Hoping you can give me some advice

I just bought the smoker. Everything seems to be working fine expect for the light on the hi lo dial.

Is this supposed to light up?

My on off switch for the biscuit cooker lights up. But the knob for the element there is a light above it. Is this supposed to work?

Bran new and mine clearly doesn't.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Gebs27;

Welcome to the forum.

I have the Old Bradley Smoker, not the newer one you have. While in strong light the heat indicator light is difficult to tell if it is on or off. It is also connected to the rheostat that controls the heating element; meaning while you got it on low the light barely glows. As you turn it higher the light gets brighter. Turn on the smoker; set it to the highest setting, then check the light. IF you are in a bright area you may need to cup your hand around the light to provide some shade.

Next check to see if your element is working. While the smoker is cold, with no food in the smoker, remove the drip pan and turn it on to the highest setting. Removing the drip pan makes it easier to see the element. Wait about 10 minutes - open the door and look at the element. If it is working properly, it should be glowing a bright red; except for about 2-inches on both ends.

If it is not glowing, unplug the smoker. Remove the side panel of the generator and check for any loose wiring. Especially the wires that lead to and from that light.

Don't forget to re-install the drip pan.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

Greetings Gebs and welcome to the Forum :)