New to Bradley

Started by drjr87, May 23, 2018, 03:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drjr87

Hello!

I just obtained the Bradley BTIS1. I have not used this type of smoker before, looking for any quick tips. Also wondering, does anyone know how warm the smoker gets underneath? I was thinking of placing it on an outdoor table to use so I wouldn't have to stoop over.

Edward176

Hello drjr87 and welcome to the Forum. My smoker has been sitting on a wooden surface table for almost 5 years now without any incident. The smoker has 4 rubber legs and they keep the bottom of the smoker surface about 1 inch off the table, for air circulation. I never really checked but I don't think the bottom gets all that hot. I've wiped moisture from under the door and never noticed any heat there.

Habanero Smoker

Hi drjr87;

Welcome to the forum.

The bottom doesn't get that warm. It is well insulated like the rest of the cabinet. Though I have mine on a wire mesh shelf cart, I have the Bradley resting on a piece of 1/4-inch plywood to provide more stability. It should be safe on any surface; plastic, wood etc. Whatever surface you place it on, make sure that it is sturdy. Though the Bradley itself is very light, it can get quite heavy when you load it with food.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)