More Site Problems

Started by Habanero Smoker, May 26, 2008, 02:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

Habs, I do think it has to do with the server the forum is using.

Habanero Smoker

To follow up on this, part of the problem was on my end. A program was using IE7 as a server. I haven't tracked down the program yet, but for now my firewall is preventing IE7 from being used as a server.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 31, 2008, 02:50:28 AM
To follow up on this, part of the problem was on my end. A program was using IE7 as a server. I haven't tracked down the program yet, but for now my firewall is preventing IE7 from being used as a server.

Habs, I use Firefox and was having the same problems. I've also been seeing when I click on show unread posts it shows there are none, but looking at index board it will show new posts.

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

FLBentRider

Habs,
I'm on firefox as well. The (SMF) connection issue is most likely a load related problem. For example, one too many users kicking off a "search" at the same time will give the database too much to do, so the next request (lets say yours) is refused, so the SMF gives you that error.

When an application cannot connect to its database it is rarely a client related issue.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Kiwigeoffnz

continually getting data base error, report to administrator,     Who is administrator,? cannot find link to notify.  am i going crazy??? (don't answer that) ;D

Habanero Smoker

Wow! This is an old post. But the link is to an even older post that has contact information - hopefully it is still correct; or maybe Kynola will see your post and respond.

Forum Tech Support

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)