Author Topic: Brand New Buyer  (Read 239 times)

gene@genemoses.net

Brand New Buyer
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:16:50 pm »
Folks--Recommendations:

Bradley Original
or
Bradley Digital

Thank you

Offline TedEbear

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: Brand New Buyer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:52:30 pm »
Welcome aboard.   :)

If you need the extra room of 6 racks and a taller tower I'd say get the digital. It is also available in the 4-rack version. Otherwise, I'd say get the 4-rack original.  The money you save versus the digital can later be applied to a PID controller if you decide you want to smoke things that need a tighter temp control than what comes from the factory.

Offline Edward176

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 08:59:14 pm »
Welcome to the Forum gene.

Offline mybad

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 10:31:34 am »
Welcome aboard.   :)

If you need the extra room of 6 racks and a taller tower I'd say get the digital. It is also available in the 4-rack version. Otherwise, I'd say get the 4-rack original.  The money you save versus the digital can later be applied to a PID controller if you decide you want to smoke things that need a tighter temp control than what comes from the factory.

This is great advice. I have the SS 4 rack, and when I added the PID dual controller, it made such an improvement, you won't be disappointed.

Welcome to the forum!

MB

Offline Edward176

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 01:38:00 pm »
I have the Digital 6 rack and love it. I've now added a second element and its even better and I use it more often. In hindsight, knowing what I now know, I would have gone with the original 6 rack, did the second element mod and gone with a PID. The PID is something I presently don't have but will be purchasing one shortly.   
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:45:55 am by Edward176 »