inside heater element intermittent

Started by St florians smoke, June 07, 2018, 11:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St florians smoke

Hi,  I have a standard Bradley digital smoker. I've owned it for about 4 years.  The thing I've just discovered is the inside heat element would heat for a while and then turn off.  First off, No Error codes and all wires were plugged in.  I notice after checking the food I was smoking, that temperature of box kept dropping.  The Heat element stopped working.  I first thought that the element just burned out?  But then I thought that maybe it was something else?  I got out my multi-meter.  I Un-plugged the smoker, then I un-plugged the wire that plugs in to the box. Then plugged my multi-meter in to the end of the plug that goes in to food box. Then I plugged the in power.  I had no power, reading (0) Volts.  I wiggled the wire thats plugged in to smoker, and the meter went from 120 to 0 and back to 120 volts depending on the wire plugs position in the smoker unit.  I determined that power out outlet needed some adjustment internally.  I un-plugged everything, took a small jewelers screw driver and bent the internal brass plates in which makes the power connection on the cord. I plugged everything in and the heating element worked like it was brand new.   

Olev

Glad you figured it out! Just for future reference these cords are same as your desktop computers have,
so any computer store will have them available.
Happy Smoking!

Edward176

Glad to hear you resolved your heating issue St florians smoke. I see that this was your FIRST post, so let me be the first to welcome you to the forum and wish you many many successful smokes in the future :) 

Habanero Smoker

Hi St florians smoke;

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for posting, this may help someone in the future.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)