I am NOT a Happy Camper ...

Started by Mark Andersen, June 19, 2018, 09:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Andersen

I was given  Bradley BTIS1 as a present from my mother in law.
I have had it for five years and I have had nothing but problems with it.
Almost immediately the plastic on the base of the smoke tower started to crack and fall apart.
The pucks refuse to feed properly, it'll feed them when it wants to.
I've had it disassembled more often to try and fix it than I have actually used it.
I'VE USED IT LESS THAN A DOZEN TIMES !!!
Considering the almost $500.0 CA, that my mother in law paid for it, I was suprised at how cheaply constructed this unit is.
There is a reason that American industry is failing and Bradley products are a SHINING EXAMPLE of why that is happening.
I would have returned it but my mother in law had lost her receipt for it.
Will I recommend Bradley Smokers to my friends and family - A RESOUNDING NO !!!
Rebuttal ?

Orion

I can understand your frustration.

5 years after purchase is a little long in expressing your dissatisfaction particularly if you had problems from the beginning.

As far as I know Bradley smokers are made in Canada and the head office is in BC. I could be wrong as I recall an announcement regarding production changes.

One thing I do know is that their customer service and response to questions and problems is second to none. I'm confident if you express your concerns in a diplomatic and civil manner to their customer service agents they will listen intently and resolve your situation to your satisfaction.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

TMB

Sorry you have had issues, min is 9 years old and still going.   Only had to replace the element one time and clean the puck feeder one time other than that it's still chuggung along

Altough now I use an A-Mazing smoker tube for the smoke because of cost   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Roget

Sorry to hear that you got a "lemon". It happens, but it is frustrating when it happens to you.
I have had (and used) mine for over ten years, and still use it (mostly for cold smoking) even though I have started using pellet smokers more.
A lot of people are negative about Bradley smokers, but I'm not one of them. Mine has put out some great food.
In all honesty, I do have a bit of trouble getting mine to feed pucks properly. As you say, "they feed when they want to feed".
Like you, I have taken it apart & cleaned it many times but I never know when it will miss feeding a puck, feed an extra one, or start giving me an error alarm. Yes, that is frustrating as heck.
I really don't know how to fix it to where it I can trust it.
Mine still has a place in my cooking arsenal, but not as prominent place as before.  :( :(
YCDBSOYA