Bradley original 4 shelf BTIS1 - 2012 model

Started by RedJada, November 07, 2018, 02:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedJada

Bought this almost 6 years ago to date. Never had one single issue with it, every thing works and nothing is broke except the top vent is stuck in the wide open position, LOL. Served me well. I want to upgrade for Christmas but wife says I cant have two smokers. Just wondering your thoughts are at what it's worth? 

Toker

Just buy a WiFi pid and it's almost like having a smart smoker but 4 rack [emoji16]

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

I wouldn't have any idea. Try searching ebay and craiglist to see what others are selling them for. I did a quick google and found someone selling the old original Bradley for $179.95, but it doesn't mean s/he will get that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bradley-Original-Smoker-4-Rack-Black-625W-Electric-Food-Smoker/292787639773?hash=item442b80d5dd:g:j~YAAOSwSU1bR2fA:rk:3:pf:0

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Put a few dollars toward modding the one you have and you won't want to get rid of it.  Add a second 500W element and an Auber PID controller and it'll be a totally different smoker.   :)

What are your reasons for wanting to get a new one?

Toker

That's what I think too.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

RedJada

Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm actually leaning towards a wood fired smoker/BBQ. The Bradley has served me well but the last couple years I have only used 3-4 times a year mostly for ribs and maybe bacon. Being I bought it in 2012 I caught the end of the bad elements, so I do have a new in the box element plus a new V-tray and some other stuff. I also have a grinder and slicer, nothing special but they get the job done. And a nice scale, LOL. I'm thinking a package deal including the cart the Bradley rides on.

Habanero Smoker

I went back to a charcoal burners several years ago, but I still use my Bradley for smoked cured meats, cold smoking's, and I still will fully smoke my butts in it. I'm about ready to cure and smoke a ham. You will see YouTube videos of people making/smoking hams, pastrami, bacon etc. in their charcoal or pellet burners, but it doesn't come close to what you can get from the Bradley. If you smoke your sausage, you are not going to get good results with a wood burner. If you can convince your wife to keep the Bradley in addition to your wood burner; you will have the ideal combination of outdoor cookers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TwistedSanity

hide it behind the wood pile :-)

its better to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission,  or so I'm told.