New to forum

Started by tsmith72, August 06, 2018, 05:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmith72

New to the forum. Have owned a 6 rack Bradley since 09. Looking for a new smoker as my Bradley has a broken door hinge as well as won't keep temp close at all. Was looking at different brands due to door and temp have been an issue for a few years and want to make sure Bradley has fixed them. I love the puck feeder and do not want to switch brands but want to be more accurate with temp as I do more smoking than I use to.
Thoughts?

Habanero Smoker

Hi tsmith72;

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure of any improvement of the design of the door. I do know that Bradley is much aware of that issue. That may be a question for them. Sometimes they monitor this site, and will respond; but you would be better off either calling or sending them an email.

I don't have any recommendations on other brands of electric smokers, since I don't have any further experience in that area other than the Bradley. As for the accuracy of temperature control, there are third party controllers out there that will keep your Bradley very accurate. On the high end you have your Auber PID, which can cost $140 upto $260 - depending on what options/bell and whistles you need. On the low end you can get a Growneer for about $35. The high temperature range is limited to around 248°F, which is good enough for the Bradley..

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Roget

For what it's worth, I have the Auberins PID, & it works great on the Bradley.

It keeps the temp within +/- 1° most of the time. (except after opening the door ;D)

I've had my Bradley for about nine years & have not had a problem with the door, and I hope I don't because I love my Bradley.
YCDBSOYA

Edward176

Hello tsmith72 and welcome to the forum. I've had my 6 rack digital Bradley smoker now for 5 years and have just recently purchased the Auber PID and love it. Just like Roget stated, it works like a charm, and makes me wish I'd purchased one right from day one.

tskeeter

T, the fix for your broken door is pretty simple.  A piano hinge should do the trick in fine style.  They are less than ten bucks at Home Depot.

In respect to your temp control issues, a PID is the ultimate solution.  In the mean time, I wonder if cleaning the temp sensor in the back wall of your smoker might help.  The temp sensor is the dime sized round object in the middle of the back wall of your smoker.  Rubbing alcohol works well as a cleaner.

tsmith72

Thanks for the input all.