New to Forum

Started by arniep, August 07, 2018, 12:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arniep

I am trying to decide if I should purchase Bradley Digital or a pellet grill. Love the taste of a good steak with a smoke flavor. I really dont know which one can achieve this the best. with the pellet grill you can purchase 100% true wood of that flavor not binders and oil of that flavor.

Habanero Smoker

Hi arniep;

I have the Bradley Original and a pellet grill. They are two different appliances. If you love smoke go with the Bradley. You can smoke the steak in the Bradley, then reverse sear it on a grill or hot pan on a stove top. A lot of people say you can get good smoke from a pellet grill, but that has not been my experience. I've tried all the suggested tricks. I've also used the 100% hickory, or apple, or peach etc. none of them have created a good smoke flavor. To add some smoke while using my pellet grill I use the A-Maze-N pellet tube. So to answer you question, I feel neither one makes a good smoky steak the best by itself.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

arniep

Thanks for the input :)

Roget

What Habs said.
As I just posted in another thread, I get better smoke flavor from my Bradley than I do from either of my pellet smokers.
However, for me the pellet smokers are a bit less "labor intensive".
Both have their strong points.

Here's a thought...
Get one of each.  Trust me, you will use both of them. ;D ;D
YCDBSOYA