Bitter Taste 6 Rack Digital

Started by BBBGERMANY, August 08, 2018, 01:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBBGERMANY

I smoked two times ribs in my new Bradley Smoker and both times they tasted bitter. Before I always used my Weber Summit to smoke and had no problems with bitter taste. The airlock on top is open, I rubbed the meat dry with Stubbs Seasoning. I used apple bisquetts, smoking time was once 6 hours the other time 9 hours with once 70 degrees and the other time with 80 degrees because on the Weber I had good experiences to slow cook ribs while smoking, both times the ribs have been tasting bitter and burned. What did I do wrong? The bowl for the burned bisquettes is filled with water as it should be... following the instruction. Is the time of smoking too long and intense??

Thx for help, grettings from Germany

Gafala

First you should ever smoke any thing over two hours, and cook to a IT of 156degs for beef - sausage. I think most here will agree.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

cathouse willy

The bradley pucks produce a more concentrated smoke, As Gafala said 2 hours of smoke is enough. I really like a smokey taste so I will go for 3 hours. Have a look at this post on ribs, it's very helpful.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.0