smoked ribeye

Started by arniep, August 18, 2018, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arniep

I was wondering how long does it take for the smoked rib eye recipe that is on this sight? So I know how many wood pucks to put in. :-\

Habanero Smoker

I've never fully cooked a ribeye in the Bradley, but not matter how long it will take to cook, I never apply more than two hours of smoke to that particular cut. Then continue cooking until it is done.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ka Honu

For steaks, 40-60 minutes (2-3 pucks) of cold smoke works well before grilling. You might use more for roasts depending on how much smoke flavor you want.

arniep

Hey :)
Habanero Smoker thank u for the reply. Really didn't know how long it would take, having friends over & had no idea on the time helps a lot. :D

Ka Honu thank u for the reply. Cool reply pardon the pun. I t never hit me to cold smoke then I could either finish on grill or smoker. ;D :)

arniep

Well I fixed the rib eyes Sunday. Smoker was set for 2 !/2 hrs and the oven temp at 200. Had a probe stuck in the smallest rib eye, I was fixing 4. After about 2hours internal temp was 138, took them out to sear on gas grill. On the top rack had a pan of baked beans smoking. The steak and beans turned out fabulous. They were so tender you could cut them with a fork, even the fat was delicious, and I hate fat.
Very happy with my first smoke :) :) :)

watchdog56