Need some advice...

Started by Toban, August 13, 2018, 09:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toban

Hey All, I have a Bradley digital. Just got a ThermoPro temp gauge. Don't know why they didn't include magnets on the back of the main unit(like most others). It has a wonky kinda clip on the back of the unit. As you may know, there's really nothing to hang it on, on the smoker. I've been hanging it on the bisquette hopper... but not really stable.  My question; Would it be ok to screw 2 small(i mean small) screws into the side of the smoker to hang this thing on?

Really just wondering if there's any wiring running through the sides of the box. I wouldn't want to screw into anything and cause a short. Any help here, much appreciated.

watchdog56

Yes that would be ok. I have a shelf I made to hold my PID on. I put it above the smoke generator towards the top of the smoker. As far as I know the only wiring is in the back.

Habanero Smoker

You idea is sound. There are not wires running through the sides.

You may also want to look into purchasing some magnetic hooks/hangers. I have a variety of them, and they work really well. Just make sure the type you purchase is strong enough to hold your gauge.

Magnetic Hangers/Hooks

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toban

Thank you both. I found a couple of those small round magnets laying around. They don't stick to the metal wire hanger thing. Maybe i'll tape them on somehow (a mcguyver rig). Should work then.

Habanero Smoker

Great! Just make sure they are strong enough so they don't slide down the wall of the cabinet once you attach your ThermoPro.

If you click on the link I provided in my last post, there are many varieties of magnets that have hooks. I prefer the magnets with the hooks that can swivel and rotate.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toban

These magnets are extremely powerful, maybe too much so. It's the tape not being strong enough i'd have to worry about.
Yes HS, maybe i'll just get the hangers you mentioned. Thanks again.  8)