The travel channel

Started by car54, August 24, 2006, 04:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

Last night the Travel channel had an hour long show on slow cooked BBQ in North Carolina, Tennessee, St Louis and Texas. They described what the regions specialty were and how it varied from the other areas. They talked abut the cuts of meats, sauce and spices. One BBQ place would cook a whole pig and shred the whole thing up for shredded pork and others would use just a pork shoulder for the same product. It was informative.

I am sure that this was a rerun. I am going to find out if it will be aired again and post the date.

Brad

car54

It did not take long to find the next airing. It is on Sunday, Aug. 27 at 2:00 AM.

Brad

mattmilw

I enjoyed it as well. I've seen bits and pieces of it before (I'm a chronic channel changer), but this is the first time to see it in its entirety. Sure makes you want to fire the Bradley up, doesn't it?  When that fellow was slicing his brisket, it looked soooo juicy. I need to give brisket another try, because mine certainly do not come out like that. Maybe this weekend.

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

car54

I am convinced the brisket looked great because they are able to great meat. One of the BBQers said he left an inch of fat on his brisket. That will make it moist and flavorful. We are stuck with what we get from the store unless we special order it.

Brad

iceman

After seeing that show I had to go to the fridge and give the briskets I have curing with Habs recipe a rub and pet. I told em "yep boys,tomorrow you and me are gonna go visit that ole smokey sauna and watch you render a little fat". I'm picking up the marble rye bread today and it'll be sweet dreams tonight. :P :D ;D
BTW Habs, you forgot to tell me the anticipation would dang near drive ya crazy during the four days of curing! ;D

Habanero Smoker

I know how you feel about waiting. Sam's in my area had a good deal on pork loin. I'm making another batch of Canadian bacon (8.5 pounds), and have to wait until Monday before I can put it in the smoker. I'm using maple sugar granules instead of sugar in the cure. One piece I added cayenne pepper to it.

I would talk about the Travel Channel, but I only get three local channels with my antenna :-[

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)