Shopping for a New Smoker

Started by tsmith72, September 27, 2018, 06:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmith72

New to forum but not to Bradley. I have owned a Bradley 6 rack digital smoker for the last ten years and it has given out. I'm shopping for a new smoker and was looking for input. Was looking at getting a standard smoker this time and spending the money on a PID as my last smoker was off by 30 degrees the last couple years of use. Also I do like the latchable door I just seen on the new smart smoker but don't see it on other models. My door hinge broke early on on my last one so I would love to get one that latches. Any thoughts on what you all would buy now that you e had your first one?

Habanero Smoker

I can't recommend a smoker for you, but it would be more beneficial if you listed more of the features you are looking for. Features such as do you want to stay with the Bradley, but looking for input on which model would be best? Do you want to stay with electric smokers, and looking at all models, including the Bradley? Do you want to still maintain the ability to cold smoke? Are you looking to switch over to charcoal? etc.

My opinion on the latch door - I feel it is not necessary on any of the Bradley models. The doors on the Bradley are very light, and the magnetic seal is more that sufficient to keep the door securely closed. Also it makes it easier for opening and closing. The amount of smoke that may leak out from the seal will not make any difference in the final product.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)