Upgrade?

Started by JohnD, October 18, 2018, 11:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnD

I have the opportunity to upgrade from a 4 rack digital smoker to the Smart Smoker for just $100.  Has it been out long enough that most of the glitches have been worked through? Is it really a significant upgrade or just smoke and mirrors (pun intended).  Thanks in advance for any and all input.  JD

Toker

For only 100$ go get it!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

cathouse willy

The online user manual says it will hold 10 racks so it's much larger.The main heating element is still 500w and it still doesn't have a built in pid.To me the bluetooth feature is just smoke and mirrors, it adds nothing to the cooking,just buttons to push for those that like that stuff.I'd say keep your digital unit and get a pid to go with it.

Gafala

I agree with Cathouse.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

rexster

A little aluminum angle material, drill, pop rivet gun and you can add 4 more shelves easily to your existing 4 rack Bradley. An Auber plug n play PID, and extra heat element or complete element replacement to a 900w element and you've got your self a cooker that will do just about anything you want.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

JohnD

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I'm going to stick with the 4 rack digital.  Being shipped from Bradley today. Many thanks to their fine customer service team for all their help!