Suitable replacement heat control board

Started by Noodles104, November 10, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodles104

Hello everyone, cant tell you how pleased I was to find the imfo on here!  I am wondering if anyone has a part number or part supplier that may carry a good replacement for the heat control circuit board on my BTSI1. Parts look to be discontinued and ive heard of people using a dial type but not sure how it would eire up to my old slide switch. Any help before Thanksgiving would be awesome Thanks !

Gafala

Yard & Pool do carry that part but right now they are out of stock.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Habanero Smoker

Hi

Welcome to the forum. I sent you a PM of a site that states they have it in stock, but at a steep price. You can't just order the board, but also have to purchase the face plate. After you order it, I would appreciate it if you will them post the website where you purchased it form.

If they don't have them, you can could probably hookup any rheostat that can handle at least 800 watts. Another work around would be to order an Auber PID to control the heat; you will also need to wire the Bradley to bypass the heat control board. But Auber's can be expensive if you purchase one of their plug and play models. An alternative would be to purchase a less expensive controller such as an Inkbird, but the maximum high temperature is limited to 210°F.

Inkbird ITC 308

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Noodles104

Thank you for the replies, i was acually wondering if it be alright to wire in the bs611 dial style board since it seems to be plenty available and running the same type of heating element. Has anyone out there tried to that you know og?

Habanero Smoker

The dial style is a rheostat, which I mentioned in my previous post. Just make sure you get one that can handled the wattage. If you get one that is specific to heat elements, that would be ideal.

I've never wired one, but is should be very simple. If you're not familiar with simply electrical wiring, maybe someone you know can help you out. If not, and time is running out, your best bet is to purchase a third party heat controller, and wire the Bradley to by past the their controller.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Habanero Smoker

With Bradley no longer making this replacement part, made me curious on what could be a quick, fairly inexpensive fix. I came across these devices that are called "High Capacity Dimmers". Many of them are plug and play, but you still will need to wire the Bradley to bypass it's heating controller.

Here is an example of one that I've come across. Search around, and you may find a better deal.

High Capacity Portable Dimmer Controller for Lighting - 1500 watt

You can also take a look at Router Speed Controllers, but make sure they can handle at least 10amps. They are less expensive, but I'm not sure if they would overheat during a long cook.

I
         don't
                   inhale.