WSD-1200GPH Temp swings

Started by Wellsjj, November 19, 2018, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellsjj

Did a search and even called Auber. She was very hard to understand. But my question is I have the WSD-1200GPH and orginal bradley with a second 500w heating element, Been running this set up for a couple years now. I am starting to see wild temp swings. So I decided to check setting on PID. the P= 89.  OK so with all the reading I have been doing I am gathering it should be either set to 14 or 140 for the 1000watt set up. When I do an AT that is when it went to P=89.
So what should I be doing here. Set it to 14 or 140 or leave it where the AT sets it. 
Thanks for any help here.

Toker

Try both and take what's best for you. When I try AT, I never gets the results that I want, easier with 140 ( 14 )

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Wellsjj

So what am I looking for between the two? Less temp swings???
My PID P setting starts at 0 and goes up to (well not sure) so I have no idea if 14 would be right or the 140. Seams like a huge difference between the two.

Toker

If it was at 7 with 500 watts then put 14 if it was 70 then 140

Wellsjj

That is the problem I do not know what it was to start with. Like I said it is at 89 now after the AT.
I don't have a problem running it at 14 then running it at 140 but I have no idea if it will hurt anything doing this.
If I set it to 14 and run a test what should I be looking for as apposed to running it at 140?
Thanks

Toker

Try both with no food on the smoker to see the smaller temperature swing and no, it shouldn't brake anything at worse take your current setting in note so if none of the two fits, comes back with your current one.