Quick question

Started by victoryss364, December 27, 2018, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

victoryss364

I've put my rub on my pork butt that's 8.7 pounds. I'm planning on serving around 6pm tomorrow and it's 7pm now. What time should I start smoking and how many bisquettes should I use?

ghosttown

I usually do, for every lb of meat it takes 1.5hrs. 9lbs would take 13--14hrs at 225. I usually smoke for the first 5-6hrs some say more.  Giving each puck burns for 20mins, I would use anywhere between 15-18 pucks. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

victoryss364

Habanero Smoker

If you run short of time, you can throw it in the kitchen oven to finish. With the Bradley there are a lot of variables that can influence the amount of time. With a single element it would take anywhere from 15 to 20 hours to fully cook a 9 lb. butt  in the Bradley. I use four hours (12 bisquettes) of pecan for my butts.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Steel City Smoker

Quote from: victoryss364 on December 27, 2018, 04:11:38 PM
I've put my rub on my pork butt that's 8.7 pounds. I'm planning on serving around 6pm tomorrow and it's 7pm now. What time should I start smoking and how many bisquettes should I use?

Can't go wrong with many flavors. I usually like a combination of apple and hickory. Seems like you could throw that butt in now and if it gets done early, just FTC it.
Smoking ain't everything.....it's the only thing.

zueth

I like hickory on my butts, 6 hours of smoke, and mine take 18-24 hours, but I have a full load of 4 pork butts every time I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk