smart smoker wont work

Started by bmichael, December 01, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmichael

I am very disappointed in my smart smoker  :( I just got it a couple of weeks ago and the generator touch screen doesn't work I haven't been able to use it yet it wont connect to any blue tooth devices and screen just keeps flashing and changing languages on its own and at times it wont let you  turn it on and  the smoker box came in with a dent in the top right corner of the smoke box but I think this is just cosmetic and I'm not to worried about it and don't think it is the source of the problem ill be calling customer service on Monday and hope we can get this fixed without having to take it back and get another brand of smoker  :'( 
Bradley smart smoker

Habanero Smoker

If you purchased this from Amazon, you are still within the 30 day return period. Returns to Amazon are very easy. Just look up your order, and fill out the form for return. They will ship you out another smoker immediately, and you have 30 days to return the defective smoker.

Bradley customer service is good, but it is rare that they will replace the whole smoker, and just send you a generator to see if that will resolve the problem.

For further understanding of your problem; what is the ambient temperature you are trying to use the smart smoker at?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bmichael

it has been around 30- 40 degrees here lately
Bradley smart smoker

Habanero Smoker

I hope you get this resolved.

According to the manual 40°F is the minimal temperature for ideal operating conditions, but it doesn't say not to operate below 40°F. It's possible the ambient temperature may be the cause of the problem.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

bmichael

I want to thank you  for all the information :) I saw that in the manual but i didn't think it would cause the touchscreen to go crazy and change on its own I do believe the generator is probably the problem not the box itself today we had 47 degree day today and I plugged it in and had the same response when you first turn it on after sitting it works normal but then after the 20 minute warm up is when it starts going crazy and wont let you control anything or pair Bluetooth and keeps changing screens and languages on its own I like the way the smoker looks and I feel like it will be a great smoker  I'm just dying to try it out and am discouraged because I haven't been able to yet  :( 
Bradley smart smoker

Habanero Smoker

I know how you feel. I've been there - not with the Bradley, but other electronic gadgets. It does sound like the generator. If you got it from Amazon, I would replace the whole smoker.

The return is easy, and free. When the new smoker arrives, as you unpack it carefully note how it was packed. Taking photos at each step greatly helps. This will make it easier to repack the old smoker. When it is ready to ship back call the shipping agency that is listed on the return label that you printed out from Amazon, and they will pick it up.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

bmichael

I called Bradley customer service today and all I can say is that they are really great  :) and easy to deal with  they are sending  me a new generator with no questions asked all I had to do was tell them what it was doing    again I want to thank you for all your help and responses if the new generator doesn't fix it then I will be making plans to ship the whole thing back
Bradley smart smoker

Habanero Smoker

I agree. Bradley service is very good. The generator should resolve the problem. The dent in the cabinet is most likely cosmetic.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

bmichael

well after almost a month  I finally got a working smoker the replacement generator they sent me was no good and when I talked to Bradley tech assistance they were great  I sent both the generators to them they tested them both and found out they were defective and then they tested  and sent me one that works  :) i was finally able to season the smoker today and planning on smoking something in it tomorrow i just have to decide what to do since i am new at smoking i want something easy Bradley tech assistance is defiantly first class   
Bradley smart smoker

GusRobin

I would cook either a chicken or pork butt. Both are pretty forgiving. If you do the chicken, keep the vent open. ( I am one of those that leaves the vent permently wide open.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.