Flashing "E" and audible tone when powering on?

Started by Gsxr1k, December 01, 2018, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gsxr1k

First time using this "new" smoker and when I power it on, within about 10 seconds I get a flashing "E" and a loud audible alarm type sound.

This continues whether or not the smoke generator is on/off or the oven is on/off.  I've also tried setting the temperatures on both to the lowest and highest settings but still continues.

I have wood chips in the feeding tube so I know it ain't an "E" for empty issue.

What am I missing here? The instruction booklet doesn't say anything about flashing "E" codes.

Gsxr1k

Okay, so apparently the engineers weren't smart enough to put some sort of stopper in place that would prevent you from putting the bisquette/wood-chip holder tube too far down into the smoke generator. Genius! Even more genius, someone decided there was no need to tell us what the "E" codes mean in the instruction manual.

Kind of pissed off with this thing already.. Lets hope it doesn't ruin it's first 9 pound slab of meat.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Gsxr1k;

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your initial bad experiences. I took a look at the online manual, and it doesn't have an explaination of the "E" codes - it use to be included in the manual. By the way if you haven't found out; the "E" stands for error. There is also an "E1" error code. For an explaination of "E" codes, do a search on this forum.

As for the stopper to prevernt one from inserting the feeder chute too far in, there is one; unless Bradley changed their design. If you run your finger inside the hole of the generator where the tube is inserted you should feel a raised area that goes around the circumfrance of the hole. That is to prevent one from inserting the tube too far in, and also to ensure the tube is inserted straight.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: Gsxr1k on December 01, 2018, 04:38:56 PM
I have wood chips in the feeding tube so I know it ain't an "E" for empty issue.

You aren't using wood chips in the chute, are you?  It wasn't designed for that.  I hope you meant the Bradley bisquettes.

Here are several links to more info on the error. 

E1 Error Message

What is an "E" message? (scroll down to #40)

paul888

Is the feeder moving at all or just the flashing "E" and sound?  A unit I have been trying to fix had the "E" error and the arm was not moving, nothing was happening.  I had to take the unit apart and manually move the feeder arm.  Once I did that, and plugged it in, the arm rotated until it hit the micro switch, then shut off again.  In my case, the unit was in a flood so there were much worse problems :(  I just made a post about it hoping someone might be able to help.  Just adding to the conversation in case it might help you find the issue.  I found that I had to disconnect the micro switch connector and then plug it back in to get it to work.

Habanero Smoker

Hi paul888,

Gsxr1k hasn't logged in since the date of his complained. If you take a look at his second post, it appears he resolve the flashing "E". He inserted the bisquette tube too far into the generator, which interfered with the shuttle.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

paul888

Sorry, I missed that!  I was involved with my own problem and thinking that my info may help...