What Ever Happened To classicrockgriller ?

Started by mustangmoe, December 04, 2018, 08:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustangmoe

I know he had heart surgery some time ago. From the searches on the forum from what I can tell he did fine in surgery but have not seen anything since. I know a lot of the old timers don't post here anymore but I was just wondering about Sonny as I was mixing up a batch of sweet bread starter the other day.

Toker

If someone know, I'd like to know too please.

TMB

Quote from: mustangmoe on December 04, 2018, 08:27:50 AM
I know he had heart surgery some time ago. From the searches on the forum from what I can tell he did fine in surgery but have not seen anything since. I know a lot of the old timers don't post here anymore but I was just wondering about Sonny as I was mixing up a batch of sweet bread starter the other day.
He said he might make it to the KY BBQ on the river but never heard back.  I was told he was doing good but that's been a while back 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

watchdog56

A couple other I miss is NepaSmoker and Tenpoint ? Wish they would come back.

TMB

Quote from: watchdog56 on December 05, 2018, 05:35:59 AM
A couple other I miss is NepaSmoker and Tenpoint ? Wish they would come back.
I talk to them a little bit as well, tenpoint has been very busy with work and Nepa has back off all forums for awhile he tells me but both are doing good

ArnieM

Sonny is alive and well. Apologies for this late reply - I don't get here very often anymore.

Sonny & I speak on the phone from time to time. We spoke for about a half hour this evening. Still has his sense of humor.

We talked about the "old crowd". I won't mention handles because I'm sure to forget someone and get 'em PO'ed.

The forum seems kinda dead so I'll have to take a look on Facebook.

My best to all of the old and the new.

Keep on smokin'
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

mustangmoe

Well next time you talk to him you tell him the bread starter he sent me years ago to Canada is still going strong and I have dehydrated it a few times to send back down to the States for people wanting some. It has made the rounds for sure. I use it for bread and the best pizza dough ever LOL
To bad he does not drop in to say hello though, would be nice to here from him.

manxman

Still using the bread starter on this side of the pond but the selection of rubs Sonny sent me have long gone. Happy times, the forum was a great place back in the day.  :)
Manxman

TMB

Quote from: manxman on June 04, 2019, 02:31:14 PM
Still using the bread starter on this side of the pond but the selection of rubs Sonny sent me have long gone. Happy times, the forum was a great place back in the day.  :)
It really was a great forum at one time  :'(   But life goes on and people do as well...

Met some of the finest people on earth here, most I still stay in touch with  ;)

cathouse willy

Another good spot that stinkin facebook has sucked the life out of.

TMB

Quote from: cathouse willy on June 05, 2019, 08:16:19 AM
Another good spot that stinkin facebook has sucked the life out of.
Reason i don't facebook  cant stand it

_Bear_

Have to agree with you guys about facebook. When I joined this site in 2009 it was defiantly a busy place
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Gafala

I joined in 2012 and it was going strong. Facebook now is showing a lot of postings on that site. I use facebook for my family and other friends. But I also post here not as much as I use to because of health reasons.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

mustangmoe

Well today was bread day so long live the bread starter that Sonny sent all of us through the goodness of his heart.  ;D

irnman1827

I joined in 2012 as well. I am a bit surprised how many topics have not been updated in years. Although; I admit, I have not visited here very much in the last couple of years.